Monday, February 22, 2010

I had a painch this morning

since the roaring success of my last blog, I haven't had much time to write, but now I have time again! Once again, my brain has lost control of its normal functions conveniently during Bible class. Our last group is presenting today, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of things to say...so I started early this time. Class is just about to start, and Mr. Hinds is trying to find the right time to jump into our usual clamor and bring it to a halt. (actually, I should say "onto" instead of "into" in order to make a proper mental picture of a runaway horse)

Anyway, now class has started and Luke's group is clattering forward. Beth, Benji, Becky Luchak, Luke, Sharon, and Jenny have had a longer time to prepare, so we are greatly anticipating their talk. So are they, I expect. I can't say much about any observances of nervousness, except Luke just forced a yawn and shrugged his shoulders. They are presenting on Christian Lifestyle.

Bethany is pretty hillarious. She gets nervous and tends to ramble, but she does it in such a nonchalant and charming way that nobody really notices that she doesn't know what she's trying to say. I said that because she started the presentation by telling us about the topic, was interrupted by Benji exploding a styrofoam cup, which reminded her of a story that happened to her family a while back.
-I really must interrupt myself to comment that the lotion I just put on my hands smells amazing. (It's Nectarine Mint from Bath and Body Works)

Now I lost my train of thought. Anyways, I decided not to be quite so detailed in my observances of my classmates...it was bound to get me in trouble. Instead, I'll tell you about what I learned during Biology today. We were each assigned an organelle from an animal cell to make a presentation on. (what's with all these presentations, I'd like to know?) I asked Melissa to pick an organelle for me, and she gave me the rough endoplasmic reticulum. I could have abbreviated that to rough "ER" but I think that looks like "rougher", and it's so much more exciting to read the whole words. So I looked up the rough endoplasmic reticulum in my biology book and on wikipedia. It's totally the COOLEST THING EVER!!!!! Well, maybe besides Leonardo da Vinci's being left-handed.

Do you know why he was called "da Vinci"? Well, he was actually an illegitimate child, so they called him after the place where he was born- Vinci! Michelangelo was his rival, apparently, but I discern no competition. Leonardo was LEFT-HANDED for crying out loud! He specialized in mirror writing...which I don't. That's why I'm not on Wikipedia. Another reason is because he spoke Italian, and I don't . Italian is always more prestigious than English. Otherwise, we're very similar.

Anyways, I actually didn't have a painch this morning; I avoided one. A painch is the name I've coined for the pain you get in your index finger when you use it in the back of your tightly-laced shoe to help your foot go in. So I avoided it by unlacing my Converse and stretching the tongue out before putting my foot in.

I'm ending this blog now because I can't think of anything else to say. We're supposed to be editing sermons for our upcoming mission trip to Sabah, Malaysia, and I can't really NOT do that. L8TER!

1 comment:

  1. amazing raquel!! keep it up. check me out at askomsvista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete